Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Turkey vs. Pork Loin...We choose turkey

Alright...Tonight we had turkey loin with snow peas, carrots, and potatoes.  Did I mention we made extra turkey burgers last night so I was able to enjoy one for lunch today?  Oh yea....that happened!

I have to admit that I didn't do anything fancy to our turkey loin.  It went straight from the Publix package into my oven.  We do enjoy turkey loin more than pork loin and it is a healthier option.



Here's our turkey loin in all its uncooked glory.
It went in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.


Baby red potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, rosemary along with a few onions.  I baked these at 350 degrees for 45 minutes stirring every so often. 
I would recommend spraying the foil with cooking spray so that the potatoes don't stick to the foil.


This has to be my all time favorite kitchen item.... my Pampered Chef vegetable steamer.
For tonight's dinner I put trimmed snap peas and carrots in the steamer with about an inch of water and put them in the microwave for 8 minutes.  My vegetables always come out perfect!!


Dinner is served and all for a little over 300 calories!

Until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment