Monday, July 23, 2012

The beginning of a blogging era....

Welcome to my blog!  I've thought about starting a blog several times but for some reason was super compelled to actually create one today!  I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to blog about yet and how interesting it is going to be but I'm going to give it a try!!  Enjoy!

Let's get started....


This is my husband I on our vacation a few weeks ago. We went to Toronto, Niagara Falls, and  Geneseo NY. We travel quite a bit and have recently realized that we are getting a little tired of visiting big cities for example New York, Chicago, Vegas, and Toronto.  While we visited Toronto this time to visit some family we ventured off into Letchworth Park, The Grand Canyon of the East, in Geneseo NY .  If you enjoy "outdoorsy" vacations then I would highly recommend Letchworth Park.  It is absolutely beautiful!  We drove around, (it's about 25 miles or so) stopped at a few lookout points, walked a few trails and even did some kayaking which was totally unplanned.  Here are a few pics ....

One of the walking trails in Letchworth Park


One of the three amazing waterfalls in the park



My first kayaking experience....not my best but still fun



We also went to a rural winery just outside of Geneseo.  We went completely unprepared since everyone had either lawn chairs and blankets and seemed to know everyone. We ended up having a great time and chatted with some very nice people.




What you see in this picture is a New York delicacy....Belgium Waffles and Ice Cream.  I was in complete fat girl heaven!  I will have to remember this scrumptious treat for another day :)


There was also a local band called Future's Past. They were Fabulous!  I even got up and sang Mustang Sally after being pulled to the front.  Don't I look like I hate it ? ;)



As we were driving back to Buffalo I couldn't help but snap this picture of wind turbines in rural New York.

If you would like more info on Letchworth Park here is a link:http://www.nysparks.com/parks/79/details.aspx

Until next time.....




No comments:

Post a Comment