Thursday, August 2, 2012

A new favorite :)

When I was thinking what we should have for dinner tonight I had originally thought about making Hawaiian chicken but then found a salmon burger recipe I HAD to try. We like salmon but sometimes get bored with just plain fillets. So.... I added a few yummy ingredients and came up with what I think was a winner!  Here it is:

I started with 2 plain ole frozen salmon fillets and baked them slightly under the recommended  directions. Don't worry though, they are going to get cooked more later.  Once the salmon was out of the oven and cooled slightly I broke it apart and added the following ingredients and mixed well:

1 cup of cooked spinach - I put a handful of uncooked spinach in a microwavable bowl with a little water and popped it in the microwave for 3 minutes
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
 fresh mozzarella cut into chunks -- about a handful





Make into patties and pan fry on medium until lightly browned and cooked throughout.


Oh my...aren't they beautiful???

Complete meal - I've come to realize we eat a lot of corn on the cob and tomatoes during the summer....Thank you Black Hog Farm:)


You could eat these on a bun but we chose to eat them without to save some carbs.

This recipe was found on http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/excitingentrees and adapted it just a smidge since we didn't have any feta.

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment